The aims and objectives of FEDEMAC are:
- To maintain a dynamic organisation which will further the interests of European movers represented through their continuing membership of their national removal associations. This is achieved by providing an umbrella organisation to co-ordinate their efforts, lobby on their behalf, communicate effectively with the media, monitor new developments, promote quality of service and to nourish the integrity of its members in the eyes of the consumer.
- To protect industry from detrimental influences.
- To expand field of membership into new and potential areas including commercial groups.
- To introduce new information technology (IT) facilities.
- Monitoring and influencing EU information to benefit the moving industry by professional advice and effective lobbying.
- To monitor quality systems.
- To develop and maintain contact with all relevant institutions and representatives.
- To co-ordinate and develop relationship with consumer groups.
- To encourage training initiatives.
- To advise the professional movers of Europe on developments and progress by maintaining good communications and relations.
- To reinforce the resources available by co-ordinating and delegating tasks to national secretariats.
- To effectively use the strength of the moving industry by co-ordinating lobby activities and using Members to assist when a particular issue is identified.
- To monitor developments within the moving industry.
- To develop and maintain relationships with all trade organisations relevant to the moving industry.
- To promote awareness of career opportunities within the professional moving industry and support young movers.