General Information about Moving
Moving your household from one location to another is no easy decision. And it takes a lot of time to fulfil all your plans for your new home.
Once the decision had been made that you or you and your family will move the household to another house or apartment, another city or even to another country the work starts. You have to:
- find your new home (house or apartment)
- sell your old home, find tenants following you or cancel the contract for your old home
- renovate your new home and/or your old home
- finalise new job arrangements
- arrange school and/or kindergarten for your children
- re-arrange or cancel your contracts and other agreements (bank, electricity telephone, newspaper delivery etc.)
- inform family, friends, business partners, administration etc. about the change of address
- decide if all furniture will be forwarded to the new home, some furniture shall be removed or stored, new furniture is needed and make appropriate arrangements and transactions in this respect
- find a mover
Taking into account that moving your household is not only the transport of your furniture from A to B, but moving your personal effects with a professional company means:
- delivering and have all kinds of packing material at your disposal
- packing your personal belongings
- dismantling and de-installation of furniture and equipment at your old home
- loading and securing of furniture, cartons, plants etc.
- transport of your household effects with appropriate means of transport
- care for customs clearance (for international moves to or from non-EU Countries)
- unloading of furniture, cartons, plants etc.
- re-assembling of furniture and installations of equipment
- unpacking of all cartons and arranging everything in your new housing
Some of the work related to the change of house might be fun and you do not want others to take over the decisions and to influence your future directly, e.g. the final decision about your new house or apartment should not be taken without having seen it.
But be assured that it is always worthwhile to think about a reliable company to take over the move of all of your household goods itself. The professional mover knows how to handle your furniture and personal effects. Their workers are skilled in lifting and carrying heavy items. They know how to load and secure your household goods in the truck. And they are skilled in driving big trucks even in the smallest streets.
Find professional movers in your country by visiting the webpage of our Member Associations or Direct Affiliates. Click here to go to the membership section.
Contact your mover some weeks before the move shall take place to enable them to arrange matters necessary and appropriate, like the installation of a prohibited area for parking in front of your house etc.
Find FEDEMAC Members and Moving Companies
The FEDEMAC Members are National Moving Associations located in Europe.
In a country where a National Moving Association is either not established or not interested in becoming a member of FEDEMAC, moving companies can become FEDEMAC Members (Direct Affiliates).